Excerpt from November 2014 Workforce in Motion eNews:
Regional planning and collaboration gives Brevard’s businesses insight to the future for more effective steps to economic success.
In the world of workforce as in many industries, partnership planning and collaboration are key to business stability and long term success. Our partners are at the local, state and national level and include Workforce leaders, Employers, and Elected Officials. They support our mission and vision by engaging in our services, sharing our news and supporting initiatives that bring funding to programs our businesses need.
In the past quarter, CSB placed a greater emphasis on regional partnership planning and collaboration with the state’s regional workforce boards and experts in the economic development and education industries to better support its business customers. These effort support businesses by:
- Developing and implementing innovative solutions to meet employer’s needs -one of which is to provide the talent pool necessary for economic growth.
- Sharing regional perceptions of the area workforce and learning what skills are necessary to create the talent pool needed by employers.
- Understanding the workforce issues employers/businesses face by learning more about each regions’ unique challenges, differences and strengths.
- Preparing for and working to deliver– what businesses need to succeed within their regions and within the resources available to them.
- Leveraging a larger network of businesses and industries, workforce services and economic and community resources.
- Providing a cost effective means for planning, implementing, evaluating and reporting workforce programs and ideas.
- Embracing social media as a way to encourage and broaden conversations with employers and share workforce knowledge and resources with them.
There are more regional programs and partnerships in the works designed to benefit you and you business. Follow the news by following us on FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn and, as always, through our ongoing e-messaging to you.
Note! Read “Industry Updates”, and learn how individuals can get the skills needed to launch a career in advanced manufacturing.
And finally! Click here to support Brevard’s Military Spouses and Adult Children during our Jumpstart for Military Families event.
For all your workforce needs, contact us today at [email protected] or contact your business liaison directly.