Working together, we have a chance to develop the long term strategies and partnerships that allow a sustainable, healthy sector ongoing.
The focus: Working with the community to create an industry-led sector strategy to identify skills gaps and build a talent pipeline to meet current and future needs in Brevard.
Sector strategies connect workers to relevant training and education, and connect employers to skilled workers. They promote regional partnerships of employers, educators, workforce developers and other stakeholders that address the skills needs of critical industries in a region.
- Benefit of focusing on one critical industry
- Customized solutions to the workforce needs of employers in the industry
At the heart of Sector Strategies are sector partnerships. Sector Strategies start with collaborations between stakeholders and focus on addressing the specific industry sector needs by listening to the businesses in the sector.
PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE SECTOR STRATEGIES
- Puts businesses in the middle of the conversation, to help reveal the broader workforce challenges from an inside the sector perspective.
- Treats businesses in the sector as partners in building customized solutions that fit the community and the sector.
- Align partners. Solutions, more often than not, involve multiple partners collaborating and leveraging programs and funding.
- Require a credible ‘third party’ convener, to guide and identify shared agendas and help create paths to action.
- Convene leaders and subject matter experts on, as much as possible, a regional scale, because labor markets and industry clusters cross sector and geographic lines and so too must sector strategies.
Good collaborations depend on wide participation, from educators and those others who train workers and search for talent, the economic development teams who are on the front lines of business recruitment, and those professionals engaged daily in workforce development.
GET INVOLVED IN THIS EFFORT OF SIGNIFICANCE TO PREPARE FOR BREVARD’S FUTURE.
Learn more about Sector Strategies here.