You may be seeking employment for the first time, returning to the workforce after an absence, or seeking to change your direction, your career, and your prospects. We can help.
At CareerSource Brevard, we have the Florida Ready to Work e-Learning program that is nationally recognized and competency-based. The career seeker can earn two credentials: an Essential Soft Skills credential, which certifies Florida job seekers or students has the employability skills and work habits necessary to succeed in today’s rapidly changing and competitive economy, and the Ready to Work credential, signed by the governor, that validates the academic skills that matter to employers.
What does the Essential soft-skills courseware consist of? Soft skills training is effective for your career but can also last a lifetime. The courseware can be completed online or blended instruction is offered at any of the career centers and consists of four modules that are essential to success in the workplace: conveying professionalism, effective communication, teamwork, and critical thinking. Skills measured in the Ready to Work modules are Applied Math, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. You may think you already have the foundational skills Brevard employers want, but the world is a changing place, competition for jobs is strong, and taking a closer look at your readiness is just smart planning.
A training program designed to not only improve your soft skills but to help you succeed at your next interview. Read more on both Essential Soft Skills Training and Ready to Work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Conveying professionalism
- Communicating effectively
- Promoting teamwork and collaboration
- Thinking critically and solving problems
- Personalized one-on-one career advising and coaching
- Resume assistance and interview skills preparation
- Job placement assistance – job leads and job referrals for positions you are qualified for
- Special invitations to our hiring events and other workshops
- Access to MANY services designed to get you back to work!