Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF)

The Welfare Transition program provides emphasis on work, self-sufficiency and personal responsibility, as well as opportunities for welfare recipients from welfare to work.

The support structure includes the program and services such as: employment programs, job training, child care and transportation assistance; diversion program to reduce domestic violence and child abuse, diversions to prevent families from going on welfare as well as relocation assistance.

To be eligible for the program and benefits, you must first register with the Florida Department of Children and Families.  Check here to find out more.

Families that receive cash assistance are required to meet the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Temporary Cash Assistance eligibility criteria, register for work and participate in work activities.  Services provided through the program are based on the availability of resources and the individual’s progress towards completion of the steps in achieving the agreed upon goals.  The WT program has both opportunities and obligations that will be explained in the introductory orientation.

Is CareerSource Brevard the same as the Department of Children and Families (DCF)?

How do I get a voucher for free childcare?

What are the requirements for qualifying for Up-Front Diversion? And how do you apply?

I would like to end my cash assistance benefits and need to know what steps I would need to take.