Excerpt from August 2014 Workforce in Motion eNews:
CareerSource Brevard welcomes an exciting new program year and reflects on a few of the successes that brought us here!
Before the year was through, CareerSource Brevard (CSB) exceeded the State’s expectation of rebranding Brevard Workforce while doubling the number of employers it served. And just as the year came to a close, CSB was awarded a six month extension for the National Emergency Grant in order to further engage remaining Aerospace talent. These are all very big wins for CSB.
Accomplishments like these take tremendous effort and dedication to the CSB mission. With the guidance and commitment of our Board of Directors, committee members, business partners and staff, the program year ended strong.
The CSB staff and Board of Directors sincerely thanks William Chivers for his leadership and support as Chairman of the Board and welcomes Mike Menyhart, President of Operations, Migrandy Corporation, as the new Chairman of the Board.
2014-15 Executive Board of Directors:
- Mike Menyhart, President of Operations, Migrandy Corporation, CSB Chair
- Robert Jordan, President & CEO, Genesis VII, Inc., CSB Vice Chair and Chair of Business Workforce Committee
- Daryl Bishop, Area President, BankFIRST, CSB Treasurer
- William Chivers, President, RUSH Construction, Inc., CSB past Chairman of the Board
- George Hauer, President, Space Operations, GHauer and Associates, CSB Executive Committee member and Chair of CSB Workforce Operations Committee
- Terry Schrumpf, President/CEO, Florida Sports & Spinal Rehab, CSB Executive Committee member and Chair of CSB Community Involvement Committee
- Patty Stratton, VP & IMCS, Abacus Technology Corporation, CSB Executive Committee member and Chair of CSB E3 Committee
2014-15 Board of Directors:
- Michael L. Bean, Chief Executive Officer, Housing Authority of Brevard County
- Brian Binggeli, Superintendent, Brevard Public Schools
- Colleen Browne, Executive Director, Keiser University
- Laura Canady, Economic Development Director, City of Titusville
- Teresa Compton, Legislative Liaison 45 SW/LL, Military Liaison
- Dale Coxwell, Vice President,Coastal Steel, Inc.
- Carol Craig, President/CEO, Craig Technologies
- Susan Glasgow, President/CEO, Kegman Inc.
- Debra Greco, Business Manager, IUPAT District Council 78
- Frances Heaston, Campus President, Everest University
- Nancy Heller, Project Director, SCSEP
- Paula Just, Chief Human Resources Officer, Health First
- Robert Merrilees, President, Reserve Officers Association
- Becky Murray, HR Director, NASA
- Wayne Olson, Area 3 Director, Vocational Rehabilitation
- Amar Patel, Executive Director, Brevard Achievement Center
- Phebe Powell, Community Administrator, Department of Children & Families
- Dan Raymon, Business Manager, IBEW Local 2088
- James Richey, President, Eastern Florida State College
- James Roberts, Jr., President, Peak Contracting Inc.
- Ronald Taibl, Executive VP, Compsys, Inc.
- Lynda Weatherman, President, EDC of Florida’s Space Coast
- Stockton Whitten,County Manager, Brevard County Management
- Tim Yandell, President, INETUSA
Today CSB continues to create new and dynamic programs with expectations to serve employers and jobseekers with workforce services they need and want.
In the issue of Workforce in Motion, take special note of programs such as: Clean Energy Jobs Accelerator (CEJA) a grant that can help your business and why you’ll want to take advantage of this year’s On-The-Job Training funds.
And finally, a special request: please SAVE THE DATE and consider attending— The Inaugural Tri-Regional Business Summit.
For all your workforce needs,contact us today at [email protected] or contact your business liaison directly.