PROFILE: Flameout, LLC – Eduardo Arias, Lori Ericsson, LeMonte Graham and William Sawyer
Meet Eduardo Arias, Lori Ericsson, LeMonte Graham and William Sawyer. Last year, these four entrepreneurs met through the Startup Quest® program, and were mentored by Carol Ann Dykes, Business Incubator Manager for the University of Central Florida. As a part of the program, the team was provided the opportunity to evaluate and market a NASA-patented, non-halogenated flame retardant system.
After their experiences working together as a team during Startup Quest and highly interested in the technology they evaluated, these four entrepreneurs formed Flameout, LLC.
The owners-operators of Flameout are committed to producing an environmentally-friendly, non-halogenated polymeric flame retardant additive resin system to manufacturers of electronic casings. Their goal is that the additive system will be competitively-priced, be produced and distributed with sustainability in mind, and provide a high performance flame retardant capability.
We asked the management team for Flameout to answer some questions for us –
What three pieces of advice would you give to college students who want to become entrepreneurs?
- Pick your teammates carefully
- Be committed and willing to learn
- Work hard and smart and be accepting of change
How do you define success?
- Remaining persistent and positive through the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur
To what do you most attribute your success?
- Having a team of mentors, consultants, and NASA willing to assist and believe in us
What has been your most satisfying moment in business?
- Being invited by NASA to participate in its Innovation Expo