Brevard Manufacturers Open their Doors to Students During Manufacturing Month Activities
Thank you to all the manufacturers who opened their doors to students, teachers and parents as part of the national Manufacturing Day activities! Brevard’s County Commissioners and the Brevard Public Schools made official proclamations declaring October as Manufacturing Month to bring focused attention on the rapid expansion of industry and the need for a skilled talent pipeline. As part of the Manufacturing Month activities, Knights Armament hosted 55 STEAM students from Space Coast Junior/ Senior High School to tour their facilities. Art Hoelke welcomed students, parents and teachers on October 25. The day long tour included visits to the Museum, Engineering, Shop Floor, Human Resources and Optics departments.
Facility tours introduce students to advanced manufacturing processes and possible careers in manufacturing. Brevard County manufacturers who also participated in Manufacturing Month student tours included:
- Sunburst EMS Custom Cable, Harness and Box Build assembly services located in Melbourne
- Equipment Fabricators, Inc.. (EFI), Florida’s oldest and largest overhead bridge crane manufacturing company located in Cocoa
- Rapid Prototyping Services providing quick turn 3D printed mechanical prototypes located in Satellite Beach
- Palmas Printing, located in Melbourne FL an industry leader in printing technology in flexible packaging, shrink sleeves, pouches and pressure sensitive labels for a variety of industries.
- Harris Corporation located in Melbourne a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence
- Eastern Florida State College hosted Open House activities at all campus locations to encourage prospective students to pursue professional certifications and degrees to support industry critical occupations.