Continuing Education for Businesses at Brevard Workforce
New in 2014
Brevard Workforce is stepping up its efforts to small businesses by offering FREE educational programming targeted specifically to small business owners, managers, human resource directors and others in business leadership. Created to assist with the challenge of quality Continuing Education, a quality series will be introduced at the Rockledge career center. Stay tuned for offerings at the Palm Bay and Titusville career centers as well.
The workshop series covers a variety of organizational design and development concepts for a world of ongoing change and growth. Each of the four-part series is SHRM approved for one Continuing Education Credit, making participation in all four sessions worth four CEUs. The topics and dates are outlined below.
Creating the Organization of You;
Culture, Connections, Champions and Productivity
1. Your Vision: Creating the culture of you
10:30am-noon Tuesday, January 7
2. Organization: Creating connections that last
10:30am-noon Tuesday, February 11
3. Your Team: Creating Champions of change
10:30am-noon Tuesday, March 11
4. Your Employees: Creating a healthy and productive workforce
10:30am-noon Tuesday, April 8
This workshop series covers a variety of organizational design and development concepts for a world of ongoing change and growth. Example discussion topics include the importance of vision and culture, strategic resource utilization, stakeholder integration, creating shared value, waste reduction, inherent human thought barriers, steps to redesigning perspectives for a future of possibilities and more. Final session descriptions will be available in December.
Registration for one or all of these sessions may be found at https://bwlearningevents.eventbrite.com/.
Instructor and facilitator for these sessions is Karen Meyers. Karen is currently the CEO and Founder of StratWell Enterprises in Houston, Texas. Her career spans program and project management, organizational integration, engineering, medicine, behavior change, wellness and private business.
The StratWell mission is to turn awareness and education into action through a variety of approaches:
• Develop, deliver and refine strategic behavior-based approaches for organizational effectiveness
• Provide organizational awareness via resource, population and infrastructure analysis and reviews
• Facilitate organizational integration of shared value, program ownership and reduction of waste
• Develop and deliver behavior change and wellness education for improved workforce productivity and health
Organizational behavior change provides motivation, education, and support to identify, evaluate, and replace personal barriers to growth and change. Effective integration strategies foster shared values across stakeholders, deepen program ownership, improve the effectiveness of worksite initiatives and enhance team morale. Karen’s previous positions, expertise, education and publications include:
• Wellness Project Manager at NASA, Johnson Space Center
• Project Management in Engineering at NASA and Lockheed Martin
• Human Test Subject at NASA, Life Support 60-Day Closed Chamber Test
• Clinical medicine and biomedical research at Georgetown University and the National Institutes of Health
• Public Speaking, Teaching, Tutoring & Mentoring throughout my career
• MS in Technical Management, Embry-Riddle Extended Campus, Houston, TX
• BS in Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
• Published in multiple peer-reviewed technical and medical journals during employment at NASA, Lockheed Martin