Patrick Higgs is the CEO of Education Solutions International, LLC and has been in the employment and training business since 1979. In his early career, he was an Air Force Management Analysis officer focused on organizational efficiency. After leaving the Air Force he worked as a business development officer for a bank, and by 1979 decided to enter the employment and training field as a contractor to workforce agencies. As a junior partner in a newly developed firm he designed over 20 separate training programs that were highly sought after by agencies all across the country. He sold his interest in that company to start his own business with his wife Nancy and two other partners in 1980. Through Pat’s three successful business startups in the period of 1979 through 2006, he eventually grew those employment and training businesses to over $16 million in revenues, with a staff of over 200. He sold the company in 2006, transitioned work with the new owners through 2008 and has focused on select workforce development training since then, dealing with clients, businesses and agencies to improve workforce efficiencies.
Some of the most significant recognition received by Pat’s companies over the years have been:
* Selected to the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Small Business List in the US in 1987
* Recognized by the Rhode Island State Legislature for outstanding service
* Recognized by General Colin Powell for contribution to America’s youth
* Selected in 2002 by the ESGR (Employer Service of the Guard and Reserves) as the Florida employer that most supported the Guard and Reserves
* Awarded the 2009 “Whatever It Takes Award” by the Brevard Family Partnership